Crushed Glass Blasting Media
Crushed glass blasting media is a fast cleaning, aggressive, low cost, single use abrasive that is made from recycled glass. It directly reduces landfill waste and limits the use of more toxic slags (non-reactive and inert, it can be used near and around water). Crushed glass contains less than 1% free silica and does not contain toxic metals associated with other abrasives. It also delivers a natural whiter metal finish. The dust produced when using glass abrasives is translucent which allows increased visibility and operator production.
- Fast cleaning leaving a white post-blast finish
- It causes significantly less embedment issues—up to five times less than slags and many other expendable abrasives.
- 100% recycled glass
- Non-reactive, inert
- Translucent white dust for increased visibility
- Contains less than 1% free silica and does not contain toxic metals associated with other abrasives (silica sand contains up to 99% free silica).
- SSPC AB-1 Class A, MIL-A-22262B(SH) approved
- Readily available in several different sizes – Produced in the U.S.A.
- Surface Cleaning
- Surface Finishing
- Surface Prep
See how crushed glass blasting media compares to other popular abrasives
Crushed Glass vs Garnet
Crushed Glass vs Silica Sand
Crushed Glass vs Copper Slag
Crushed Glass vs Coal Slag
Have A Question?
Contact us today to talk to a LIVE representative. We can answer your questions, set up a site visit, or work out details for a trial of our products! Our team of technically trained sales representatives are backed by years of industrial knowledge and practice to help develop the best process for your applications.