GDC Shell Core Sand
GDC Silica Free Resin Coated Sand
Address PEL Limits with this Silica Free Sand
Midvale Industries has developed GDC Shell Sand, a crystalline silica free resin coated sand for coremaking. GDC Shell sand provides high quality castings, lowers overall energy costs and reduces the use of silica in your foundry. Compatible with aluminum, brass or iron foundry processes.
- Lower Thermal Expansion than Silica Sand
- Reduced Sand Usage – Uses Typically About 10% – 25% Less Sand
- Features Custom Blends – Engineered To Address Casting Defects
- Fast Curing – 30%-40% Faster Than Traditional Resin Coated Sands
- Save On Energy Costs – Lower Core Box Temperatures
- Longer Core Box Life
- Better Shakeout
- Reduced Odor & Smoke
*Shipping & Lead Times – No Minimum Order/Packaged in 500 lbs to
3600 lbs to Full Truck Loads
Why Should You Switch To Silica Free?
To protect workers. Workers who inhale these very small crystalline silica particles are at increased risk of developing serious silica-related diseases, including:
- Silicosis, an incurable lung disease that can lead to disability and death;
- Lung cancer;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); and
- Kidney disease.
Have A Question?
Contact us today to talk to a REAL representative. We can answer your questions, set up a site visit, or work out details for a trial of our products! Our team of technically trained sales representatives are backed by years worth of industrial knowledge and practive to help develop the best process for your applications.