Wet Blasting Equipment
Wet blasting provides a dustless environment that greatly reduces media embedment to provide smooth, clean surface finishes. Effective at removing oily scale, etching aerospace composites, or adding a surface profile. Wet blasting is safe on composites and sensitive substrates. Wet blasting preserves the abrasive longer than traditional dry blasting. These units run on a closed-loop system providing a clean and sustainable blast environment.
Typical applications include surface cleaning, peening, etching, machine mark removal and reaching a required RA surface finish.
Robotic & Automated Wet Blast Equipment
Robotics systems are fully engineered for precision and highly repeatable results on sensitive applications. Each system is designed to your application.
Wet Blasting Cabinet
Manual wet blasting cabinets are ideal for a facility that have multiple types of parts needing to pass through a wet blast system.
Portable Wet Blasting Equipment
Wetblast FLEX Equipment
Wetblast FLEX mixes media and water after it leaves the machine. No more cleaning out messy water/media mix.
Vapor Blast Equipment
Vapor blast equipment reduces dust and uses very little water, making containment and cleanup of debris simple.
Blending Machine Lines
Wet blast equipment efficiently smooths out lines and defects on machined parts. The media/water combonation allows for precise control to minimally hit the surface to blend without removing metal.
Wet Blasting vs Dry Blasting
There is a lot to consider when trying to decide between wet and dry blasting. We have a more in-depth article on the topic here. Below is a quick overview on ideal applications for wet blasting vs dry blasting.
- Medical Parts – especially when ferrous contamination and media embedment are concerns
- Aerospace – composite etching (provides a gentle even finish) and bonding (can increase bond strength up to 200x when compared to traditional methods)
- Automotive – ideal when oily, greasy, or carbon stained parts need to be cleaned and finished
- Firearms – Provides an even finish and can be used to get into hard to reach places
- Dustless Blasting
- Cleans Off Grease
- Fine and Precise Finishes
- Smaller Footprint
- More Aggressive Blasting
- No Drying Required
- Equipment is More Economical
- Can Use Steel Shot & Grit
Lab Development Process
We run lab tests on your parts to dial in the best euipment and media seleection for your project! Talk to our team today to schedule the lab test.